Our people are our greatest asset.
A career with us offers a range of opportunities. You can choose to experience different cultures, roles and career paths, and deep-dive into our world-leading research. Working with us means being challenged in an international environment, every day.
Whether you are our future researcher in France or could belong to our sales office in Shanghai, we want you to be continuously growing. Get to know us and explore our career opportunities here, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you feel that we could be your next career step. We’d like to hear from you and invite you to be part of shaping our future.
We are seeking Paper Mill General Laborers at our Thilmany Mill in Kaukauna. This is an entry level paper mill laborer position. General Laborer provide support to multiple departments by performing physical labor tasks such as assisting and/or operating paper mill equipment, including a variety of material handling equipment and tools, obtaining supplies for operators, performing general clean up around paper machines and other moving equipment. Wage starts at $18.41 for a 720-work-hour probationary period and then moves to a starting wage of no less than $19.65.
- Must follow Ahlstrom-Munksjö’s manufacturing and hygiene processes, procedures and policies, as applicable to the position’s areas of responsibility, in order to meet and maintain the safety, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements for each grade of paper.
- Responsible for obtaining needed supplies.
- Assist equipment operators as required.
- General cleanup around paper machines and other moving equipment.
- Work rotating 8-hour shifts seven days a week on a southern swing or 12-hour shift schedule.
- Able to work on all 3 shifts 24/7.
- Overtime required.
- Perform heavy work, defined as lifting 100 lb. maximum with help, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Perform work while wearing a supplied air respirator.
- Work around fast-moving machinery.
- Work at heights.
- Drive a lift-truck type vehicle.
- Work in a hot and humid environment.
Education, Technical Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- High school diploma or GED
- Production or manufacturing experience preferred
- Previous shift work experience
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Previous military or farm experience a plus
We offer an industry leading compensation and benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(K) plan. We also offer an employee incentive bonus program, educational assistance, fitness center and Weight Watcher’s membership reimbursement, and an employee referral reward program. Our facilities are located in communities boasting an excellent quality of life with outstanding educational, recreational, and cultural opportunities.
Become part of the team! Equal Opportunity Employer (m/f/d/v/so)
Ahlstrom-Munksjö is a global leader in fiber-based materials, supplying innovative and sustainable solutions to customers worldwide. Our offerings include decor paper, filter media, release liners, abrasive backings, nonwovens, electrotechnical paper, glass fiber materials, food packaging and labeling, tape, medical fiber materials and solutions for diagnostics.
Combined annual net sales are about EUR 3 billion and we employ 8,000 people. The Ahlstrom-Munksjö share is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki and Stockholm.
If the Apply Now button isn't working for you, please submit your resume and cover letter (indicating the job title you are applying for in the subject line) to: email@example.com