Our people are our greatest asset.
A career with us offers a range of opportunities. You can choose to experience different cultures, roles and career paths, and deep-dive into our world-leading research. Working with us means being challenged in an international environment, every day.
Whether you are our future researcher in France or could belong to our sales office in Shanghai, we want you to be continuously growing. Get to know us and explore our career opportunities here, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you feel that we could be your next career step. We’d like to hear from you and invite you to be part of shaping our future.
We are searching for a Manager – Commercial Finance in Kaukauna to be responsible for providing analytical, financial and systems support across the Sales & Marketing organization. Key areas include coordinating the sales budget and weekly forecast, generating internal management reports, developing pricing and product mix strategies and providing value-added business analysis that solidifies market position and assists in growing market share.
- Must follow Ahlstrom-Munksjö’s manufacturing and hygiene processes, procedures and policies, as applicable to the position’s areas of responsibility, in order to meet and maintain the safety, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements for each grade of paper.
- Provide a leadership role in the development of the Sales budget. Establish & maintain accurate budgeting system by working with the Sales and Marketing team, Mill Controllers, Pricing, Procurement, Transportation & Supply Chain to ensure assets are balanced & products accurately priced.
- Analyze and compare monthly and quarterly financial results and key performance indicators against planned and other internal benchmarks
- Maintain a solid understanding of the overall business strategy along with an understanding of the markets/segments/customers/products to help drive financial growth
- Understanding what markets/segments/customers/products will drive future financial growth and communicate accordingly to attack these opportunities.
- Set pricing and pricing strategy for tactical (daily/short term) and strategic (longer term) opportunities. Provide financial support for customer contracts, supply agreements and the request for quote process. Assist Sales and Marketing organization to “get paid” for demonstrated value offering.
- Responsible for overall management of product pricing system (list pricing, quotes, deviation, rebates, agreements and contracts).
- Provide financial support for customer analytics (Price/Mix/Volume, Contribution per hour, etc.)
- Product segmentation – propose directions based upon financial data and capabilities. Communicate within the organization what key levers will improve short terms and long term overall earnings.
- Lead continuous improvement in the areas of analytics & tools for the Sales and Marketing team. Assist in identifying performance metrics to ensure success.
- Develop strong relationships with key business leaders and provide support to help improve functional effectiveness in their areas
- Liaison with IT group to represent Sales & Marketing in system improvements and project work
Education, Technical Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 6 to 7 years of business analysis and accounting experience managing within a manufacturing organization
- Experience in a manufacturing organization with multiple segments/facilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as teamwork skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to implement best practices, improve processes, and drive results
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand complex business challenges, and identify solutions
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- ERP systems experience, JD Edwards preferred
- Customer Focus, Action Oriented, Decision Quality, Integrity and Trust, Peer Relationships, Analytical Skills, Business Acumen, Informing, Problem Solving, Planning, Process Management, Priority Setting, Results Focused, Strategic Agility, Perspective, Innovation Management, Developing Direct Reports
We offer an industry leading compensation and benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(K) plan. We also offer an employee incentive bonus program, educational assistance, fitness center and Weight Watcher’s membership reimbursement, and an employee referral reward program. Our facilities are located in communities boasting an excellent quality of life with outstanding educational, recreational, and cultural opportunities.
Become part of the team! Equal Opportunity Employer (m/f/d/v/so)
Ahlstrom-Munksjö is a global leader in fiber-based materials, supplying innovative and sustainable solutions to customers worldwide. Our offerings include decor paper, filter media, release liners, abrasive backings, nonwovens, electrotechnical paper, glass fiber materials, food packaging and labeling, tape, medical fiber materials and solutions for diagnostics.
Combined annual net sales are about EUR 3 billion and we employ 8,000 people. The Ahlstrom-Munksjö share is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki and Stockholm.
If the Apply Now button isn't working for you, please submit your resume and cover letter (indicating the job title you are applying for in the subject line) to: email@example.com