Our people are our greatest asset.
A career with us offers a range of opportunities. You can choose to experience different cultures, roles and career paths, and deep-dive into our world-leading research. Working with us means being challenged in an international environment, every day.
Whether you are our future researcher in France or could belong to our sales office in Shanghai, we want you to be continuously growing. Get to know us and explore our career opportunities here, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you feel that we could be your next career step. We’d like to hear from you and invite you to be part of shaping our future.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits program, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(K) plan. We also offer an employee incentive bonus program, educational assistance, fitness center or Weight Watchers program reimbursement, and an employee referral reward program. Our facilities are located in communities boasting an excellent quality of life with outstanding educational, recreational, and cultural opportunities.
Our Rhinelander Mill is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Technician who will perform skilled maintenance functions in our paper mill, such as, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of equipment.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Must have successfully completed an accredited apprenticeship program and possess a journeyman card in Mechanical Maintenance Technician (preferred); single-craft Millwright, Pipefitting, or Machinist journeyman card holders will be considered.
- Familiarity with the paper making process, a plus.
- Must follow Ahlstrom-Munksjö’s manufacturing and hygiene processes, procedures and policies, as applicable to the position’s areas of responsibility, in order to meet and maintain the safety, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements for each grade of paper.
- Must be able to work on bearings, belts/sheaves, couplings, motors, gearboxes, pumps, lubrication, pipe/tubing/hoses and general items:
- Bearings: Proper handling, mounting, lubricating and analyzing failures, troubleshooting
- Belts/Sheaves: Sizing, selection, installation, troubleshooting
- Couplings: Inspection, mounting, proper alignment and lubrication
- Motors: Replacement and alignment, (familiarity with laser alignment techniques a plus)
- Gearboxes: Inspection, troubleshooting, repairs
- Lubrication: Proper usage, applications
- Pumps: Troubleshooting, installation, alignment
- Pipe/tubing/hoses: Pipe threading, installation, tube bending, hydraulic hose & installation
- General: Forklift operation, ability to use common tools (grinders, band saw, drills, etc.)
Become part of the team! Equal Opportunity Employer (m/f/d/v/so).
Ahlstrom-Munksjö is a global leader in fiber-based materials, supplying innovative and sustainable solutions to customers worldwide. Our offerings include decor paper, filter media, release liners, abrasive backings, nonwovens, electrotechnical paper, glass fiber materials, food packaging and labeling, tape, medical fiber materials and solutions for diagnostics.
Combined annual net sales are about EUR 2.15 billion and we employ 6,000 people. The Ahlstrom-Munksjö share is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki and Stockholm.
If the Apply Now button isn't working for you, please submit your resume and cover letter (indicating the job title you are applying for in the subject line) to: email@example.com