Our people are our greatest asset.
A career with us offers a range of opportunities. You can choose to experience different cultures, roles and career paths, and deep-dive into our world-leading research. Working with us means being challenged in an international environment, every day.
Whether you are our future researcher in France or could belong to our sales office in Shanghai, we want you to be continuously growing. Get to know us and explore our career opportunities here, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you feel that we could be your next career step. We’d like to hear from you and invite you to be part of shaping our future.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(K) plan with a generous match. In addition, there is an employee incentive bonus program, educational assistance, fitness center reimbursement and more. Our facilities are located in communities boasting an excellent quality of life with outstanding educational, recreational, and cultural opportunities.
Two available opportunities. This is a full-time, developmental position that provides experience at both our De Pere and Kaukauna mills during the first year of employment, spending time in the pulp mill, paper mill operations, maintenance, and quality departments. During each rotation, the Process Engineer will support the current department and be responsible for managing safety, process improvement, reliability and cost efficiency projects. After six (6) months at each location, the Process Engineer will transition to a regular (non-rotational) role at either the Kaukauna Mill or the De Pere Mill.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Paper Science engineering or related program
- Related experience through a co-op or internship preferred
- Proficient in key Microsoft software
- Interested in pursuing growth and development in a manufacturing environment with an emphasis on future assignments as part of the manufacturing managerial team is a plus
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Strong process orientation with a focus on process improvement
- Solid project management and problem solving skills
- Must follow Ahlstrom-Munksjö’s manufacturing and hygiene processes, procedures and policies, as applicable, to the position’s areas of responsibility, in order to meet and maintain the safety, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements for each grade of paper.
- Manage assigned projects in areas of reliability, cost reduction and continuous improvement in a safe and cost effective manner to successful completion
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and take a leadership role in driving down engineering and manufacturing costs
- Assess process effectiveness, identify potential process improvements and help implement solutions
- Learn and help deploy Continuous Improvement to help support business unit efforts to improve product quality and operating processes. Assist in identifying proper tools to be utilized within the manufacturing organization to help establish/maintain culture focused on continuous improvement
- Provide support to operational areas during outages, down days and other times when additional resources are required to achieve operational goals and objectives
- Support facility programs that identify opportunities for improvement or facilitate the prioritization of problem solving or project completion
Become part of the team! Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.
Ahlstrom-Munksjö is a global leader in fiber-based materials, supplying innovative and sustainable solutions to customers worldwide. Our offerings include decor paper, filter media, release liners, abrasive backings, nonwovens, electrotechnical paper, glass fiber materials, food packaging and labeling, tape, medical fiber materials and solutions for diagnostics.
Combined annual net sales are about EUR 2.15 billion and we employ 6,000 people. The Ahlstrom-Munksjö share is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki and Stockholm.
If the Apply Now button isn't working for you, please submit your resume and cover letter (indicating the job title you are applying for in the subject line) to: email@example.com