Our people are our greatest asset.
A career with us offers a range of opportunities. You can choose to experience different cultures, roles and career paths, and deep-dive into our world-leading research. Working with us means being challenged in an international environment, every day.
Whether you are our future researcher in France or could belong to our sales office in Shanghai, we want you to be continuously growing. Get to know us and explore our career opportunities here, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you feel that we could be your next career step. We’d like to hear from you and invite you to be part of shaping our future.
We are searching for a Product Development Engineer/Chemist with the Coated Products Division in Rhinelander to assist the technical development of new business and products by collaborating with teams from Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing and Commercial Management. The Product Development Engineer will make product selection recommendations for new opportunities based on knowledge of customer needs and internal capabilities. The Product Development Engineer will coordinate the product development process to ensure good decision making and execution of new product development.
- Must follow Ahlstrom-Munksjö’s manufacturing and hygiene processes, procedures and policies, as applicable to the position’s areas of responsibility, in order to meet and maintain the safety, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements for each grade of paper.
- Interact with customers to understand application requirements leading to the identification of the correct product recommendations or new product design requirements.
- Coordinate cross-functional efforts among the Sales, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Procurement organizations to ensure product development efforts are effectively prioritized, organized, communicated, and executed.
- Acts as a technical resource to support the efforts of Sales and Marketing, Manufacturing, and Quality/CTS.
- Make product recommendations for new opportunities to support prompt turn around and maximizing opportunity-win rates.
- Establishes accurate cost standards and specifications that can be capably met by Ahlstrom-Munksjö coating assets.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate competitive product attributes to identify potential changes or enhancements to products to provide competitive advantage.
- Assists Marketing with technical research into new market segments and product categories.
Education, Technical Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- 1-2 years’ experience in applicable technical, manufacturing, product development, preferably in the web coating or chemical industry is preferable; internship experience will be considered
- Good written and verbal communication skills as well as teamwork skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Must have strong analytical, statistical, and experimental skills
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and drive multiple initiatives on an on-going basis
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Required to work flexible work hours to ensure adequate trial coverage
We offer an industry leading compensation and benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(K) plan. We also offer an employee incentive bonus program, educational assistance, fitness center and Weight Watcher’s membership reimbursement, and an employee referral reward program. Our facilities are located in communities boasting an excellent quality of life with outstanding educational, recreational, and cultural opportunities.
Become part of the team! Equal Opportunity Employer (m/f/d/v/so)
Ahlstrom-Munksjö is a global leader in fiber-based materials, supplying innovative and sustainable solutions to customers worldwide. Our offerings include decor paper, filter media, release liners, abrasive backings, nonwovens, electrotechnical paper, glass fiber materials, food packaging and labeling, tape, medical fiber materials and solutions for diagnostics.
Combined annual net sales are about EUR 3 billion and we employ 8,000 people. The Ahlstrom-Munksjö share is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki and Stockholm.
If the Apply Now button isn't working for you, please submit your resume and cover letter (indicating the job title you are applying for in the subject line) to: email@example.com