Our people are our greatest asset.
A career with us offers a range of opportunities. You can choose to experience different cultures, roles and career paths, and deep-dive into our world-leading research. Working with us means being challenged in an international environment, every day.
Whether you are our future researcher in France or could belong to our sales office in Shanghai, we want you to be continuously growing. Get to know us and explore our career opportunities here, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you feel that we could be your next career step. We’d like to hear from you and invite you to be part of shaping our future.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(K) plan. We also offer an employee incentive bonus program, educational assistance, fitness center and Weight Watcher’s membership reimbursement, and an employee referral reward program. Our facilities are located in communities boasting an excellent quality of life with outstanding educational, recreational, and cultural opportunities.
The Paper Mill Supervisor has overall responsibility for managing the daily activities of on-shift crews in the paper mill, stock prep, rewinding and super calendar departments, including directing shift maintenance demands for operating the business. This is a key position that works closely with other mill shift supervisors to ensure employee safety, quality, maintenance, and productivity goals are met. The Paper Mill Supervisor provides management leadership across the mill during off hours, on nights, and weekends, acting as a key member of the mill’s emergency response process.
Paper Mill Supervisor Requirements
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Paper Science, Chemical, Electrical or Industrial) field or comparable level of experience
- Experience as a process engineer, temporary supervisor, or comparable role, in a paper manufacturing facility a plus
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage employee relations with positive outcomes
- Above-average process orientation skills with a focus on process improvement
- Experience in a union environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage and direct a team to achieve desired goals
- A safety leader with knowledge of industry safety standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Aptitude for learning new software systems
- Ability to work shifts, weekends and holidays
Paper Mill Supervisor Responsibilities
- Must follow Ahlstrom-Munksjö’s manufacturing and hygiene processes, procedures and policies, as applicable, to the position’s areas of responsibility, in order to meet and maintain the safety, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements for each grade of paper.
- Administer consistent application of all company policies.
- Ensure on-shift performance meets work standards.
- Communicate expectations to employees and evaluate performance. Address individual or crew underperformance and take appropriate action.
- Responsible for productivity, quality, efficiency, cost control, compliance, and housekeeping.
- Provide crews with needed equipment and training resources; provide guidance to foster individual growth.
- Assist department trainers in making sure employees’ training requirements are completed.
- Participate and/or lead identified daily production meetings and monthly crew meetings.
- Audit crews to ensure they are working safely, following safety requirements, and are able to identify potential hazards. Appropriately correct safety hazards and unsafe acts in a timely manner.
- Lead safety investigations.
- Assess processes for effectiveness and help to implement improvements.
- Provide leadership in emergency situations.
Paper Mill Supervisor Competencies
Customer Focus, Action Oriented, Decision Quality, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity & Trust and Peer Relationships, Problem Solving, Managing Through Processes, Command Skills, Directing Others, Conflict Management and Composure
Become part of the team! Equal Opportunity Employer (m/f/d/v/so)
Ahlstrom-Munksjö is a global leader in fiber-based materials, supplying innovative and sustainable solutions to customers worldwide. Our offerings include decor paper, filter media, release liners, abrasive backings, nonwovens, electrotechnical paper, glass fiber materials, food packaging and labeling, tape, medical fiber materials and solutions for diagnostics.
Combined annual net sales are about EUR 2.15 billion and we employ 6,000 people. The Ahlstrom-Munksjö share is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki and Stockholm.
If the Apply Now button isn't working for you, please submit your resume and cover letter (indicating the job title you are applying for in the subject line) to: email@example.com