Working harder for a more wonderful world.
We believe good business can and should make the world a better place. That’s why we work hard to reduce our footprint, utilize recycled fiber whenever possible and develop sustainable practices any way we can. When we aim to SOAR, we pledge to:
- Source fiber from sustainably managed forests.
- Meet or exceed applicable environmental and safety regulations while continuously improving the environmental performance of our operations.
- Use energy and natural resources efficiently.
- Design products that offer economic and environmental benefits.
- Educate our workforce and communities.
Walking the walk.
Here are just some of the steps we are taking to make a positive impact:
- Department of Energy Save Energy Now® LEADER
We are a proud member of the Department of Energy’s Save Energy Now® LEADER Program.
Save Energy Now® LEADER is a public-private partnership to catalyze significant energy and carbon reductions across the U.S. industrial sector. Participating companies have committed to reducing their energy intensity (energy use by unit of output) by at least 25% over ten years. The Department of Energy’s Industrial Technologies Program will help companies establish an energy management plan while providing software and employee training to identify energy-saving opportunities, advanced technologies, and steps to reduce energy use and emissions. Companies measure and report their progress to the Department of Energy annually.
- Habitat Conservation Plan Partner for the Karner Blue Butterfly
- Wisconsin Falconwatch Nesting Project Supporter, Thilmany Mill in Kaukauna – a Wisconsin home to a family of falcons since 2005